104 min – Drama | Horror | Mystery – 10 August 2001 (USA)
IMDB Rating: 7.6/10 from 189,422 users
Director: Alejandro Amenábar
Writers: Alejandro Amenábar
Awards: Nominated for 1 Golden Globe. Another 23 wins & 36 nominations.
A woman who lives in a darkened old house with her two photosensitive children becomes convinced that her family home is haunted.
Watch this exciting trailer:
- Nicole Kidman – Grace Stewart
- Fionnula Flanagan – Mrs. Bertha Mills
- Christopher Eccleston – Charles Stewart
- Alakina Mann – Anne Stewart
- James Bentley – Nicholas Stewart
- Eric Sykes – Mr. Edmund Tuttle
- Elaine Cassidy – Lydia
- Renée Asherson – Old Lady
- Gordon Reid – Assistant
- Keith Allen – Mr. Marlish
- Michelle Fairley – Mrs. Marlish
In 1945, in Jersey, Channel Islands, the widow Grace Stewart (Nicole Kidman) lives in a lonely old house with her daughter Anne and her son Nicholas. Grace lost her beloved husband Charles in the World War II and their children are photosensitive and Grace keeps the curtains and the doors closed to protect Anne and Nicholas against the sunlight.
Grace raises her children with strict discipline and following religious principles. Grace hires the strange housekeeper Mrs. Bertha Mills, the mute maid Lydia and the gardener Mr. Edmund Tuttle that have asked for a job.
Out of the blue, mysterious things happen in the mansion while Anne claims that there is a boy named Viktor that visits them. Grace unsuccessfully seeks out the intruders until the day she has a revelation about the house and its intruders. .
- The Others Movie Review
- Nicole Kidman replaces Naomi Watts on ‘Queen of the Desert’ (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Nicole Kidman ‘honoured’ to play Grace Kelly (contactmusic.com)